Biography PRINT »
A native Northwesterner with the pale skin to prove it, Stefanie Sloane credits her parents’ eclectic reading habits—not to mention their decision to live in the middle of nowhere—for her love of books. A childhood spent lost in the pages of countless novels led Stefanie to college where she majored in English. No one was more surprised than Stefanie when she actually put her degree to use and landed a job in Amazon.com’s Books editorial department. She spent over five years reading for a living before retiring to concentrate on her own stories. Stefanie currently resides with her family in Seattle.
Download Author Photos
[download id=”4″] [download id=”5″] [download id=”6″]
Nine Fun Facts about Stefanie Sloane—because ten is so pedestrian
- Stefanie’s father gave his infant daughter a nickname coined originally for a popular prize fighter. This should tell you something about Stefanie.
- Stefanie grew up in the Pacific Northwest, not far from the Olympic Peninsula. Sadly, she never encountered any sparkly vampires or transforming wolves, but she did find plenty of banana slugs and guys in grunge bands. Stefanie suspects that this had everything to do with her highly honed imagination.
- Stefanie spent ten years of her adolescence taking ballet, tap, and jazz dance lessons. To this day, she can still recall all of the steps to the Sugar Plum Fairy’s solo. Next time you see her, just ask. She’ll be happy to oblige. Ok, not really, but it would be hilarious.
- In high school, Stefanie was sure that she would end up in sunny California, living somewhere near the beach and working as a museum curator. She still loves art and adores a visit now and again replete with palm trees, but the soggy Seattle climate and interesting life of an author suit her to a T.
- Stefanie shudders when asked to name her favorite anything, but if pressed, she would have to say that the Beatles’ “Blackbird,” Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series, and “The Princess Bride” all hold a special place in her heart.
- Stefanie has only worked three jobs since graduating from college. First one? Underwriting management. It wasn’t her cup of tea, so she quit and took a position with an unknown internet company. Who knew that Amazon.com would do so well?! The third job was the charm, and Stefanie hopes to hold her current position as historical romance author for, well, forever. And evva!
- Stefanie’s family tree is a complex thing with Norwegian and Scottish blood dominating. Oddly enough, she’s related to William Wallace on one side, and a prominent figure in the Lutheran church on the other. Sadly, and not unexpectedly, she hasn’t met either. Since, well, both died hundreds of years ago.
- Stefanie has the uncanny ability to remember the most obscure song lyrics. C.W. McCall’s “Convoy?” You bet. New Order’s “Love Vigilantes?” Why, of course. The Supreme’s “Heaven Must Have Sent You?” Duh. Where her keys are? Whether or not she paid the electric bill? Not so much. But the next time you’re looking for the lines to “Hurricane Drunk” by Florence and the Machine, Stefanie is your gal!
- Stefanie loves good food, especially Mexican fare. Actually, Stefanie loves eating good food. Cooking it? Um, no. She dreams of one day hiring Rick Bayless to be her personal chef—you know, if he should ever tire of being a world-renowned author, restauranter, and nonprofit champion. A girl can dream.
Booklist PRINT »
The Devil in Disguise
May 24, 2011
The Angel in My Arms
June 28, 2011
The Sinner Who Seduced Me
July 26, 2011
The Saint Who Stole My Heart
April 24, 2012
The Scoundrel Takes a Bride
January 1, 2013
One Perfect Christmas
November 4, 2013
The Wicked Widow Meets Her Match
April 1, 2014
[download id=”1″] [download id=”2″] [download id=”3″] [download id=”7″] [download id=”8″] [download id=”9″]
For media and print inquiries:
For sales/subsidiary rights inquiries:
Janklow & Nesbit Associates
445 Park Avenue, Floor 13
New York, NY 10022
This savvy, Internet editorial wunderkind lived the American dream as the 30th employee at Amazon.com and made history at the same time, participating intimately in the building of one of history’s most successful online businesses.
The six-plus years Stefanie spent with sales representatives, editors, and marketing analysts while at Amazon provided her with valuable insight into the elements that maximize a book’s marketability. She not only knows how to write a book, but she knows how to sell it as well.
During her tenure with Amazon, Stefanie spent a considerable amount of time talking to news agencies, print publications, and various organizations, including Publishers Weekly, Romance Writers of America, and NINC.
Stefanie feels passionately about philanthropic work and dedicates time to both animal rescue organizations as well as the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
As a working mom to two active girls, Stefanie is particularly interested in furthering the interests of mothers in the workforce as well as promoting realistic expectations and goals for young girls, teens, and women.